Sunshine, community, and entertainment are a couple of things that you can encounter in Tampa or more specifically, South Tampa. As a rapidly growing city, Tampa is seeing many new developments, events, and businesses which we want to share with you!
Transportation can be frustrating in a booming city like Tampa. This is where the Mobility Section of the 2045 Tampa Comprehensive Plan comes in. In this section, the project outlines how it will strive to improve and maintain a strong transportation system in Hillsborough County with the current and future projects at hand.
Of course we can’t forget about the historic waterways of South Tampa. In April 2023, local leaders of Tampa Bay created the “Tampa Bay Ferries Alliance” which aims to provide an innovative and efficient way of transportation by ferry-service. Tampa Bay Sierra Club Conservation Chair, Nancy Stevens, helped provide a wonderful point of view on how this project will be of benefit to the rising air pollution levels of cars and traffic congestion that we can help to avoid.
Of course, with such new minds coming into the city comes new business opportunities. Some new businesses that you should check out are:
- “Goodnight John Boy” an exciting dance club a quick drive away from Altura Bayshore
- “Pacific Counter” whenever you’re craving some póke that happens to be 3 minutes away from Altura Bayshore
- “Rukus Cycling Studios” for a unique cycling experience and workout
- “Elev8 Fun Tampa” to satisfy the adrenaline rush an arcade always provides
- “The ‘H’ Steakhouse”, a high-end steakhouse proven great from its Orlando location, just 5 minutes
- “Hattricks Tavern (To-Go)” serving a concept of a Sports Bar and an Irish Pub
- “Ro” with a lovely modern sushi concept
- “Predalina” for a delicious mediterranean experience, primarily seafood based
- “27th Floor”, brining a high-end rooftop lounge experience
- “Barcelona Wine Bar” (we’re looking at you Tapas lovers)
- “Kosen” with a high-end Omakase concept
- “The Salty” for your donut fix
What is a city without community?
Firstly, have you ever heard of a “miniature city”? A new miniature city was proposed at the YMCA Site in the Tampa Heights district near our condos. This development will include 20,000 square feet of green space, a hotel, small minority-owned businesses, office space, and retail space.
We’re sure you’ve heard of Downtown Tampa (only a brief 8 minute drive from our condos) and its high-praises. Now comes a great development consisting of three towers with the two tallest being 48 and 39 stories high. These new spaces include dwelling units, retail spaces, boat dock slips, and a helistop.
Just 10 minutes away from our condos is the Riverfront district, a hub of the arts. Tampa is well-known for its art scene and that scene will continue to grow. The Straz Center for the Performing Arts in the Riverfront District will be undergoing an expansion project worth approximately $100M! New developments, as a result, include new terraces, a small restaurant bar area called “Sips”, and a new cafe/public lobby leading into Carol Morsani & Louise Lykes Ferguson Halls.
Let’s not forget! The Tampa Bay Airfest has been hosted by the MacDill Airforce Base for many years and the base itself has called South Tampa home for over 80 years. The Tampa Bay Airfest recently announced their 2024 dates (March 29-30, 2024) so, save the date to experience a lovely event with amazing flight performances made by civilians and military alike.
Altura Bayshore is a wonderful place to call home; with our state-of-the-art living experience, the team at Altura Bayshore will guarantee just that.
For more information on Altura Bayshore visit https://alturabayshore.com/ or give us a call at (813) 492-2420.